Built on Poole
Poole is the Jekyll Butler, serving as an upstanding and effective foundation for Jekyll themes by
@mdo. Poole, and every theme built on it (like Hyde here) includes the following:
- Complete Jekyll setup included (layouts, config, 404, RSS feed, posts, and example page)
- Mobile friendly design and development
- Easily scalable text and component sizing with
remunits in the CSS
- Support for a wide gamut of HTML elements
- Related posts (time-based, because Jekyll) below each post
- Syntax highlighting, courtesy Pygments (the Python-based code snippet highlighter)
In addition to the features of Poole, Hyde adds the following:
- Sidebar includes support for textual modules and a dynamically generated navigation with active link support
- Two orientations for content and sidebar, default (left sidebar) and reverse (right sidebar), available via
- Eight optional color schemes, available via
Head to the readme to learn more.
Hyde is by preference a forward-thinking project. In addition to the latest versions of Chrome, Safari (mobile and desktop), and Firefox, it is only compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above.
Hyde is developed on and hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads, bug reports, and features requests.